cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Urgent help needed...cancel 'line cancellation' on my line to allow me to move provider

I've accidently requested bt to cancel my landline but i am trying to move to sky, who say they can't take over the line as there is a cancellation request on the line open.

Can someone help me to reverse this cancellation?? Tried calling up on the phone but in an endless hold..cancellation date is tomorrow hence urgency...only found out this mistake today.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Urgent help needed...cancel 'line cancellation' on my line to allow me to move provider

Your best to contact customer services, although please be patient as call times maybe longer than usual due to strikes. 

Unfortunately it may not be able to cancel the cancellation order as it may have already gone through too many stages. You'll then have to either go back to BT or ask your provider you are moving to create a new order. You may not be able to get the original phone number back.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Urgent help needed...cancel 'line cancellation' on my line to allow me to move provider

They were on strike today, try again tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@rpatel1949 

The process you should have followed was to contact Sky first, and they would tell BT that they are taking over your service. I doubt you will be able to do anything about it now, and will have to wait until your BT service is ceased. Typically this can take 10 days, and you would have to accept a new Sky phone number.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@rpatel1949wrote:

cancellation date is tomorrow hence urgency...only found out this mistake today.

The point of no return was 2pm today, so it was already too late when you posted, you'll need to wait until Monday the 24th before raising a new order.