cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Use of temp dongle while FFTP is broken

• Hi all, looking for ideas here. My FFTP is down with 'LOS' showing on modem. Today's engineer believes my fibre has become disconnected whilst they were up pole repairing neighbours, which has been down for 4 weeks (!)
  • Spookily just as neighbours restored mine stopped working
  • Easter is coming, they will need a new council order to shut the road to go up pole. Realistically I will have no phone or BB for at least 2 weeks.
  • I have one  tiny corner of an upstairs window where I get 1- 2Mb/sec on my EE SIM from  mobile phone .
  • My neighbours were given an EE dongle by BT. If I take that does it contain a SIM card I can put into my TP Link AC 1200 dual band router and get some better signal in that corner. I no longer have the external booster antenna as this was taken down once we got FFTP
  • Any views on this welcome
  • Many thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Use of temp dongle while FFTP is broken

@patmacwrote:
  • Spookily just as neighbours restored mine stopped working

I would suggest "Suspiciously" rather than spookily! 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Why didn't the engineer go up the pole and check? Why would the road need to be closed?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

We are in Devon with very narrow lanes and the engineers cannot go up any poles that are on the roadside (most of them!) without road closure. H&S 

They can access lower relay boxes if they are on the field side of the pole, but otherwise they always shut the lane and post detour signs

Interestingly one of the 3 engineers I had today, who is scheduled to work on Friday, said he'd be able to go up the pole as the road closure business doesn't apply on Bank Holidays. 😂 I'm hoping therefore that it will be fixed by the weekend🤞

0 Ratings