cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Very slow broadband upload speed

Some of my internet apps seemed to be running slowly, so I ran Speediest by OOKLA.  It returned a download speed of 32 Bits/sec but less than 1 Mbps upload.  Tried rebooting all the computers and router but still the same problem.  Normally I get about 8Mbps upload.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Very slow broadband upload speed

@msjhaffey 

You cannot get 8Mbs upload speed on ADSL, so you must be on VDSL (FTTC) Fibre to the cabinet.

Also, you cannot get 32Mbs download  on ADSL.

Have you tried restarting the BT Home Hub, as it may have re-synced at the wrong speed?

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first, but leave the exchange name and cabinet number showing.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

That will show the expected speed range for your connection. Look at the top row of results.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Thank you.

I tried that link and entered my phone number but got

There is no data available. This may be because it is not a BT line or it is a number which has been moved to an IP Voice service. We advise using the address to check availability instead.

Now I am stuck (again).  What address are they talking about and where do I find it?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I had rebooted the HomeHub but I did it again. Then SpeedTest showed Download 35.12, upload 1.21, so much the same as before.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

address.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Thank you.  Here it is:

---

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean)

VDSL Range B (Impacted)

G.fast Range A (Clean)

G.fast Range B (Impacted)

61.94412.27.940UnavailableAvailable
604011.97.133.5UnavailableAvailable
----------Unavailable--
----------Unavailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available
Up to 17Up to 1.510 to 19.5Available
Up to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
2----Available
2----Available
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability DateWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 17.0--10.0 to 19.5Available
Up to 7.5--6.5 to 8.0Available
Up to 2----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL Multicast
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
Y
N

FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

As a WLR withdrawal exchange, product restrictions apply

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

BUMP

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@msjhaffey 

When did you report the problem to BT?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I haven't yet reported this to BT.  I thought, perhaps wrongly, that I might get the solution here.  Indeed when I searched on slow upload speed I found at least one thread where someone with a similar problem had found a solution but it wasn't included in the thread.

Should I have gone to BT first?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@msjhaffey 

How about posting a screenshot of the connection status from the BT Smarthub.

0 Ratings