cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Wanting to move Full Fiber Modem

Go to solution

Hi how much does it cost to move a full fiber modem because at the moment it’s not installed in the center of the house so I’m having to use a long Ethernet cable to connect the hub to it, and it’s causing me issues. Any help would be appreciated thanks Ryan

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Wanting to move Full Fiber Modem

Go to solution

What issues is the Ethernet cable causing that you believe would be overcome by a fibre cable?

You would need to ask Openreach costs for resiting the ONT. https://www.openreach.com/building-developers-and-projects/altering-our-network/for-consumer-and-bus...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

I think you misunderstood me, what I want to have done is I want to move my Full Fiber modem into the center of the house because the Ethernet cable I’m having to use to connect up the smart hub 2 is causing broadband instability at times and that’s why I want it moved to the hallway which is center of the house 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

No, I didn't misunderstand you. Unless the Ethernet cable is over 100 metres long, it shouldn't cause any problems and is unlikely to be the source of your problems.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
It is a long Ethernet cable and it’s the only one I have that will reach the smart hub 2 so that’s why I was asking about pricing to have a ONT shift done
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

As stated, you will need to ask Openreach, it is nothing to do with BT. https://www.openreach.com/building-developers-and-projects/altering-our-network/for-consumer-and-bus... There is a link to a form on the page. It won't be cheap.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Ok thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

If you have the router plugged into the ONT with a long Ethernet cable or the router plugged into the ONT with a short Ethernet cable , it makes no difference whatsoever, so if you paid to get the ONT moved closer to where you have the router positioned, just so it can be connected with a short cable rather than a long cable, then nothing really has changed , there is no reason to think the connection will be better , you probably should start with getting a new long Ethernet cable ( as you must suspect the existing one is faulty ) and see if that improves ‘stability’, certainly a lot cheaper that relocation of the ONT , 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

That link is for only for altering the External Network, i.e. moving Poles, Joint Boxes, PCP’s, etc.

Its not for Lift and Shifts of NTE’s and or ONT’s.

They need to be Ordered/Requested from the EU’s CP. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Have you tried another port on the router? If so, I'll echo @iniltous & recommend you buy another ethernet cable, as there's no way a good cable can cause issues with connectivity.