cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

What Box??

Go to solution

I have Fibre Halo 1 and was going to upgrade to Fibre Halo 3 (they want to add digital phone at same time even though I don't really need it). I amconfused by this statement in the order summary and can't find any place to get an answer hence posting here:

What happens next?

• We'll send your equipment so it arrives in time for your engineer's appointment.
  • During your appointment, the engineer will need to enter your home and install a box on the wall near your existing phone socket. So someone over 18 needs to be in.
  • The engineer may also need to attach a box to the outside of your property and drill a small hole in an external wall to feed in the cable. Don't worry, they'll tidy everything up when they're done. If you're not the homeowner you should get permission from your landlord.
  • Once the work's done, the engineer will plug in your hub and get you connected.

My Question is, if I have Fibre 1 then why do they need to install a box in the house? And what box / what is it for? We've just finished a big refurbishment project and I don't really want anyone coming round and sticking holes / other boxes on the wall for no good reason! 

Any pointers to identify what this box is would be great.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: What Box??

Go to solution

Are you moving to full fibre?

What does it say for your address when filling out https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Nope - just from Fibre 1 to 3.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Halo 3 is just an add on. I would check to see you you are having to move to full fibre as you may be in a copper stop sell area.

Post results here from https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Exclude address 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

there is no fibre 3 so do you mean you are just changing the add on from halo1 to Halo 3?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I think this is it?

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateHighLowHighLowVDSL Range A (Clean) 

totallyconfused_0-1681473946996.gif

8068.3201961.5UnavailableAvailableVDSL Range B (Impacted)

totallyconfused_1-1681473946995.gif

8066.1201956.5UnavailableAvailableG.fast Range A (Clean)

totallyconfused_2-1681473946996.gif

----------Unavailable--G.fast Range B (Impacted)

totallyconfused_3-1681473946996.gif

----------Unavailable--

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Up to 1000Up to 220--Available1 Stage
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL Multicast
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
Y
N
Y

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This site is in an FTTP priority area where FTTP is available but exceptionally SOGEA will also show as available to order but only at Non-Standard Premises (NSP) such as Hot site, Uninhabitable and Temporary locations. Migrations of WLR Solus (voice-only lines) is also allowed but only for SOGEA 0.5Mbps bandwidths.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@totallyconfused 

Yes you are in a FTTP (Full Fibre) only area and a copper stop sell is in place for you address hence why you are moving to full fibre.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/retiring-the-copper-network

Installation process is documented here: https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/full-fibre-broadband-installation-checklist

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Ah. That's really helpful - thanks. So presumably they will want to drill the wall and stick a new fibre box in where convenient for them rather than at the old Openreach socket then?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

You can discuss appropriate locations within reason with the engineer when they come to install it

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I have to say my concerns were unfounded.

The guys replaced the cable from the house to the pole and put the new fibre box in place of the old master socket exactly where I wanted it. Very friendly and helpful.

0 Ratings