cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Fibre at the Pole

Hi

Looking around my road the Phone Poles both up and down the road and the roads all around have the yellow sticker - saying overhead fibre available. Indeed putting in my mates address from the road behind - he can order fibre broadband up to 900mb. The pole supplying my house and the pole next to it seems to have been missed out getting the fibre treatment/upgrade. This means about twenty houses currently can't get fibre whereas everyone else can. Why would they have missed these poles out?? 😪 on purpose? Are they coming back for these two poles?? Can I check or report to open reach about the missing two poles with no fibre and finally get decent internet???

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Fibre at the Pole

Assuming you are a BT residential customer then enter phone number and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

It says FTTP on Demand available but at the bottom FTTP not available.

On BT website - packages say Ultrafast available soon but not currently???

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean) themissingbit_0-1682790633163.gif
VDSL Range B (Impacted) themissingbit_1-1682790633163.gif
32.1207.1516.5AvailableAvailable--
30.916.574.312.8AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
1000220--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 6--5 to 7AvailableYes
Up to 6Up to 0.55 to 7AvailableYes
Up to 5.5--4.5 to 6.5Available--
1----AvailableYes
1----Available--
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 6--5 to 7AvailableYes
Up to 5.5--5 to 7Available--
Up to 1--4.5 to 6.5--Yes
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2023-04-15
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
U
N
N
14-04-2023
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
N

FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 18.53.04.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

@themissingbit,

Use https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

As that will say if your property is in Openreach's plans.

Also it's the CBT's you need to check for on the poles, if they plan to deliver full fibre overhead and not the yell signs on the poles (that will hint that there's full fibre being deployed overhead but not every pole will have a sign)

Also if the deployment has only gone live recently then not all CBTs will go live at the same time. Some CBTs may go live before others

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Hi

Thanks for that - putting the details in the checker - not yet available... so maybe soon or never.... just keep on checking...😐

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 19.47.17.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

If the other addresses that are currently serviced ( with copper pairs ) from the same pole as you, also cannot order FTTP , that would suggest it’s not an simple individual addressing error or omission for just your address  ,and that those poles , and consequently the addresses served from those poles have not got FTTP availability, when very near by neighbours have , there are a couple of possible reasons for this, 

one , is that those addresses were never part of the PON ( passive optical network ) that the PON was designed to serve, every PON has a boundary, sometimes you can have an area where next door neighbours have differing availability, simply because they are either side of a PON boundary.

or two, it could be that the addresses were designed to be part of the PON , but when the optical network was being built , it was discovered that getting the necessary cables/CBT’s onto the poles that would have serviced your address was impossible using the existing infrastructure that the design assumed to be serviceable ( underground ducts for example ) and the costs involved to install new , or repair the ducts that would only serve a few addresses made no economic sense, so Openreach decided that those CBT’s ( connectorised block terminal ) would be omitted from the PON build , like every other network provider, OR look to get the most return from investment, and look to spend their money where they will get maximum return.

For example, every PON build has a budget, some costs cannot be foreseen, so if it happens to be that 90% of the addresses could be completed cost effectively , but the last 10% would bust the budget for the entire PON , it’s makes economic sense to build the 90% of the PON , and leave the other 10% , it may seem harsh , but that’s the economic reality.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Are you sure the poles and the fibre is actually Openreach? There are other provider's rolling out Fibre to the Premises. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Hi

I have made the presumption it is Openreach - how Can I check if it is another provider?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

There should be a poster on the pole regarding opposition to it being there. It may say who owns it. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings