cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

What are yellow arrows either side of BT cover on pavement by house?

Hi all, a few days ago I saw yellow paint arrows on either side of BT cover in the pavement by house. 

Could this be that BT are at long last bringing full fibre to the road/houses? I am hoping that is the reason!!! 

City fibre dug up street last year and full fibre is now available on Vodafone and other suppliers (with phone as well)... 

Better devil I know after decades with BT I am hoping BT will bring full fibre soon. 

Hoping someone on here knows what the markings are!!!

We have copper at the moment and wifi keeps dropping and speeds fluctuating. 

I know BT isn't like sky who guarantee 43 Mbps WIFI .... But constant disconnects is awful.... 

We are close to a river and often area is waterlogged

Thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: What are yellow arrows either side of BT cover on pavement by house?

Those markings are usually made when someone needs to do work on the pavement or road, and there is no standard to them - so long as those doing the work understand the meaning.  In this case, they probably just indicate the route any cabling into box the takes.  It's not specific enough to say what is happening (if anything), often you'll get more notice either posted on lamp posts or through your letterbox.

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Openreach use Grey Paint to make up any Digs.

Yellow is normally used for Gas so it’s most likely been done to notify someone whose about to Dig the location of a Gas Pipe.

Also why would Openreach spray a line next to a Joint Box where a Fibre Cable is about to go into? Would it not be blatantly obvious to Openreach Engineers and or their Contractors that the Cable would go into a BT Joint Box?!?!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

"We have copper at the moment and wifi keeps dropping and speeds fluctuating. "

Does your broadband speed also fluctuate and drop out when you connect directly to the hub/router with an ethernet cable?
If not, the issue could be with your internal WiFi system and nothing to do with BT's broadband
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

You could try searching here for scheduled  works.

0 Ratings