cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

When is FTTP coming to Wishaw?

Go to solution

Hey all.

I stay in a MTU block of flats and I have been waiting for a long while for FTTP and Im stuck with FTTC and it's terrible for playing games while streaming it on twitch and I think that's why I'm bored most of the time lol. I have signed a way leave forum and I think that has been accepted but does anyone know when FTTP might be coming to the Wishaw area from Openreach?

Kind regards

Colin 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: When is FTTP coming to Wishaw?

Go to solution

@colinreidcr 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Only Openreach would know that, so you need to ask them.

https://www.openreach.com/broadband-network/fibre-availability

This forum has no connection with Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: When is FTTP coming to Wishaw?

Go to solution

Even if FTTP becomes available in your neighbourhood and available to ‘regular’ single dwellings , MDU ( multiple dwelling units ) are often not included in the roll out, as they can have many barriers that simply cannot be overcome if the same process for SDU were used for MDU  on the day the installer turns up to install the service, including but not limited to , who owns the building , chances are the individual flat/apartment owner/renter has no authority over the common areas of the MDU  ( corridors, ceiling spaces, risers between floors etc ) the installer wouldn’t know ( or have the time ) to find out who the appropriate person or organisation is to gain permission from on the day , the installer would not have these problems with a SDU  if using ‘network’ that was provided outside the building , sited for example on a telegraph pole or joint box in the footpath outside.
OR can regard a MDU as a building that has a common entrance for all or some of the occupants, or several common entrances , and where the  existing copper pair phone cables were likely to be installed as the building was constructed , retro fitting these MDU with FTTP wouldn’t be done on ‘as the customer orders service’  basis , but the entire building pre fitted with an internal ‘splitter’ and associated cabling before orders are accepted, this pre fitting needing a proper contractual basis, and currently is relatively low priority due to the complexity of retrofitting FTTP in these buildings and the costs especially if the building owner , management company etc. insist on payment for housing the splitter equipment or simply refuse, not wanting the upheaval etc.

0 Ratings