cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Who's Installing my FTTP and When?

Go to solution

I've had by fibre cable coiled up outside the front of my house since 1st November awaiting installation whilst BT and Openreach sorted out a few differences in opinion (i.e. Openreach denying the cable had even been run). However, all that seems to be sorted and I now have an installation date of this Monday. However, I'm now getting two sets of SMS, one from BT and one from Openreach.

From Openreach:

Hi it's Openreach on behalf of BT. We're looking forward to installing your Full Fibre Broadband on 5 Dec arriving between 8AM-1PM. An installation can take 3 hours or more, so if we arrive towards the end of the slot, someone will need to be present beyond 1pm.

From BT:

Hello, BT here. Your engineer will be with you on 05 Dec 2022, arriving 1pm - 6pm.

I thought the final stage of connection only involved one visit, basically to take the cable from the outside, through my wall and install an internal box. Assuming Openreach do this, what's the BT engineer going to be doing? If they were hoping to get my hub connected up, they're probably going to be disappointed as it was meant to be delivered on Friday, but according to the Royal Mail tracking details it hasn't even been collected yet. Luckily I've got my own router I'll be using, but I'll be connecting that up myself.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Who's Installing my FTTP and When?

Go to solution

I'm having a similar issue with my hub and delayed installation my smart hub 2 was sent on Monday evening by BT and it's still not here yet! My engineer appointment has passed and they rescheduled it for next week. You'd think in anticipation of the strikes that they'd change to a next day guaranteed delivery service with royal mail instead of tracked 48 or use a different company during RM strike action.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Usually Openreach or their contractor sort out the cabling inside and out and connect up - in your case a BT hub.

If an OR/OR contractor turn up let them get on with it then connect your own equipment. They may not do this but once the ONT is up and running connecting a router is fairly easy.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing this as potentially 2 different visits. I'd see it as meaning the msg is about just 1 visit, but bt and openreach time estimates of when that will be are just different to each other. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

One thing is certain, you won't be getting a visit from BT, it will either be Openreach or a contractor. BT have no involvement in the installation.