cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Why can't I get fiber but the house's either side of me can?

When I go and check if I can get fibre at my home it says it is not available in my area. Yet if I put the address of the house's either side of me they can, also the house's across the road can get fibre. Also after talking to all my neighbours they HAVE fibre. I just don't understand why the house around me can get fibre but I can not? Please explain this to me.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why can't I get fiber but the house's either side of me can?

Are you a BT broadband customer?  If so then enter your phone number and post results. 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the reply, no I am not a BT broadband customer as BT can only offer me a download speed of around 4mb so we had to go with Vodafone's rather expensive mobile broadband to get a download speed that was useful. So we also do not have a telephone number. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The use your address in the dslchecker and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

So here are the results for the two house's either side of me and my address.

Screenshot_20220623-192821~2.png

Screenshot_20220623-192742~2.png

Screenshot_20220623-192639~2.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

If you intend to use BT for your fibre then phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you

Message 7 of 7

I suspect its all to do with the fact you don't have an Openreach line so there is no record of any routing to your property. Historically, you would have had to order a phone line with standard ADSL and then upgrade to FTTP. Hopefully that isn't still the case, but you never know with BT's systems!

Give the FTTP team a call 0800 587 4787 and see if they can help.