cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Why can't I get fibre?

One section says it is available, and another one says it's not. (bolding mine)

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps)
WBC FTTC AvailabilityWBC SOGEA Availability
HighLowHighLow   
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 

8076.5201969.5UnavailableAvailable
G.fast Range A (Clean) 

----------Unavailable--
G.fast Range B (Impacted) 

----------Unavailable--

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Range (Mbps)Availability DateFTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand1000220--Available--

Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL MulticastAvailable
Exchange Product RestrictionsStatus
FTTP Priority ExchangeN
WLR WithdrawalY
SOADSL RestrictionN

FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

As a WLR withdrawal exchange, product restrictions apply

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL availability: If shown at FTTP or SOGEA premises,ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL are not available to order due to WLR Withdrawal stop sell rules. CPs should order FTTP or SOGEA. Copper products are only available by exception.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

FTTPoD is a totally different business product that costs thousands to provide.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

After further investigation, it turns out that all one needs to do is contact CityFibre or Hyperoptic and they will work with the flat's factors to do the installation, for free. I will have mine installed in the next month or two.