I ordered FTTP from BT on 20th October. After a bit of a delay as Openreach kept rejecting BT's order, Openreach turned up on 1st November and ran the fibre from the underground CBT through the existing duct to the side of the house, leaving a coil of it there. Since then, there's been nothing and BT haven't even been told that the externals are done.
The BT FTTP team have tried to help, but don't seem to be getting much out of OR. First time they chased, OR said they'd investigate and report back to them in a week. I then noticed on the My O2 app a notification of a broadband and phone fault, expected to be fixed in 1 day. This then changed to 6 days, and a few days later 8 days, eventually saying it was resolved last Thursday (17th Nov). In the meantime, OR are just telling BT that they're still investigating and no one seems to know what this mysterious fault even was. OR's latest update to BT was on Friday (18th), when they said that further trenching and ducting work was required before they can complete the externals... but that's already been done! I have a commissioned underground CBT about 10 meters from my house with a fibre cable running from it through a clear duct (took them <10 minutes to run), sat waiting coiled up against the front of my house for nearly 3 weeks now.
BT have reported this back to OR. OR's response? We'll investigate and report back by 24th November (yet another week!). Is there nothing that can be done to push OR to respond properly to this, rather than just keep stalling or giving answers that suggest they don't even know what they've done? I'm just feeling that they can keep telling BT 'we'll give you another update in a week' for as long as they like with no recourse from either BT or myself.
They took nearly 3 months to get mine finished!
BT going rapidly downhill when it comes to customer service
There’s a backlog of about 40,000 Installs.
Mainly caused by Strike Action by BT and Openreach.
But this isn't just down to waiting time - my entire town went live over the last couple of months and from other people I've spoken to, installation time has been 7-10 days.
In my case though, OR seem to have just stopped, first being unable to give BT any reason, and now telling BT that they need to do addition trenching/ducting work, despite the fact they have completed the externals from the commissioned CBT right up to the side of my house nearly 3 weeks ago (using the existing duct without the need for any additional work). But every time BT go back to them for an update, all OR respond with is that they'll look into it and get back, within yet another week.