cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 4 of 13

Wifi box changes from Blue to orange and purple

My wifi box has stayed on the colour blue for a bit and currently now changes from orange/purple to going back to blue for a bit and then repeats the whole process 

how can I fix this my broadband had also just been activated today but bt also has said that it may take a couple days for it to be at its best

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13

BT wifi router flashing purple and orange

Hi hello I really need help with my bt wifi router as it has kept on flashing orange and purple although I have gotten my activation message 20 minutes ago.

do I wait until midnight or is there a problem with my set up 

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT wifi router flashing purple and orange

See link about what the lights mean

What do the lights on my BT Hub mean? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: BT wifi router flashing purple and orange

It says purple means there is a broadband problem and flashing orange means trying to find the internet but everything is set up right

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Re: Wifi box changes from Blue to orange and purple

By 'wifi box' I assume you mean the BT hub. If activation is today then it can take up to midnight to happen so try tomorrow and if no change then post back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

My bad yeah I meant the bt hub and do I have to wait till tomorrow until the wifi hub stays at a stable blue colour cause even now it keeps fluctuating 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

It's obvious you are not getting a good connection.  You can try a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back and holding till lights flash and see if that makes a difference. 

Activation can take until midnight to actually happen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Re: Wifi box changes from Blue to orange and purple is

Alright I’m going to try reset the wifi hub 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Is this a first time connection or have you switched from another ISP? If the latter then I'd put the old router back & see if that still works. If it does you know the switch hasn't completed.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

This isn’t the first time no 

I changed from sky to bt so the old router won’t connect to the internet either but I plan to call bt tomorrow and hopefully it should be fixed then because as stated above I already got the notice of activation at around 6:12pm but the lights keeps flickering from blue to orange/pink 

0 Ratings