cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Will my building ever get fibre? Please help!

Go to solution

Hello, I've been living at this property for four years now and my broadband is capped at copper on 16mbps max. An upload speed of less than 1mbps makes things even worst. This is the absolute best speed I can get via Sky but for some reason I am no longer able to take up any other providers broadband, simply put I'm stuck with Sky or nothing and my Sky broadband now costs more monthly than a normal fibre option would... I'm trapped in a one broadband company world where every year the price goes up and up and I have no alternative. 

Please tell me that something from the below screenshot tells of a future where I'm not paying silly money for 16mbps?! 

P.S - I am a city centre building, surrounded by brand new renovated apartments. Its incredibly odd that this relatively modern structure is limited to copper while both buildings next door are on FTTP and apartment blocks opposite has standard fibre options. 

Thankyou! broadband sit.png

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Will my building ever get fibre? Please help!

Go to solution

this is a customer help customer forum for BT Broadband customers.  there is no link from here to openreach anymore than there is from the SKY forum  you can try openreach or alternatively the SKY forum

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-checker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Will my building ever get fibre? Please help!

Go to solution

@JaguarPort 

Sky forum is here https://helpforum.sky.com/

I think they may be rolling out their own fibre network, not using Openreach.

0 Ratings