cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Will some of my BT equipment still work after moving to EE Broadband

Go to solution

I currently have the following setup: BT Full Fibre 900 with Halo 3+ with the following hardware - BT Smart Hub 2, 4xBT Digital Voice Telephones and 4xBT Wifi Discs (as extenders). and a BT Hybrid Connect. Having checked the cost implications there does seem to be a saving if I move over to EE Broadband, but only as long as I can continue to use some of my kit. 

Clearly I will need to change the BT Smart Hub 2 to the EE equivalent, but will the other BT kits work?

1. My Digital Voice Phones looks as they will (confirmed by another message on this website)

2. My BT Hybrid Connect is already paid for, EE's Smart Hybrid Connect costs £7/month

3. My BT Mini Discs are already paid for, EE's Wifi Enhancer costs £5/month

In summary will the BT Hybrid Connect and BT Mini Discs work with a EE Router?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Will some of my BT equipment still work after moving to EE Broadband

Go to solution

When are you talking about BT Mini Disc are these the Wholehome ones? If so they work with any Router/ISP, if they are Wholehome ones they replace your existing WIFI network rather than integrating with the Smart Hub, the black ones 'Complete WIFI' will be limited to the BT Router, well they should be. Wholehome will work anywhere, just turn off the WIFI on the EE Router and you can continue on the WIFI side of things like nothing has happened.

As a side point, you'll need to send back the BT Router I assume but actually it will still work on the EE provision.

Im not sure about Hybrid Connect but given that it utilises mobile data to work that must be part of the monthly charge even now with BT, so you dont own that unless im missing something. The SIM would stop working once you moved to EE I think so you'd have to get EE's equivalent. Unless im missing something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Personally, I would recommend NOT moving from BT to EE, going by the hassles a lot of people on this forum have suffered in making this switch. Despite being offered a cheaper deal by EE, a lot of people have ended up paying more, and BT/EE/Openreach have mismanaged the changeover so that people have been without any broadband service for several weeks. Just my opinion of course but beware!!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@morrig47 

I switched to EE a few weeks ago and was not offered the EE router and I don't think others have necessarily been offered either.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

The minidisc are the black ones, so that would be a minus if I moved. I am already with EE on the mobile phone side so that will not be an issue. Taking your response and the other responses I am leaning towards staying with my BT setup, which works and works well.

Really grateful for your thoughts.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, I am leaning towards staying with BT, certainly for now. Everything works well at the moment and you may well be right in terms of the costs being the same or more. 

Many thanks for your helpful response

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

All in all, by the very helpful replies I have had I will stick with BT for the time being.

Many thanks