cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: bt full fibre router placement

I'd be more concerned at the idea of the cable entering one room & then going to another. Did he suggest how that would be done? Hopefully not ye olde tacked all round the skirting board & door frames! Is there a reason why the cable can't go round the outside to the living room, is the property terraced?

As for extending the ONT to the back bedroom, you can get exterior grade cat5 to run it up the outside wall if that helps you. Powerline may even work as a permanent arrangement but you never know with those until you try. Bear in mind their published speeds are works of fiction so may be an issue if you've opted for one of the faster packages.

Message 12 of 12

Re: bt full fibre router placement

@leeea12345wrote:

Thank you all, i had a visit yesterday to do the outside work required. I spoke to the engineer. They said it would come into the house through the kitchen, then into the living room. Then would be up to me from there. This would mean me running a long cable from the living room to the back bedroom. They could not even go up the front of the house due to i all being tiled.

So I have to cancel for now. I will get a cable installed when I have the time, then rebook. At least I know where the entry point will be and can run a cable to that point all ready to connect. Thank you all

Difficult to say without detailed knowledge of your property - but I would just re-iterate what others have said. The ONT and Home hub can be positioned within reason where you wish. This might mean cable on the outside of your property but as long as there is a reasonable route there should not be a problem.The external connection is a CSP (customer splice point) and cable can be run from there to the ONT.  Bear in mind that the ONT and the Hub don't need to be physically together but connected by ethernet. So you could have the ONT in the kitchen or wherever or run your own ethernet cable either internally or externally to the Hub.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’