cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

confused.

Been with BT since Jan no issues with digital voice. Today a guy was working on the BT pole outside my house and suddenly my router began flashing orange I told him you have messed up my broadband he denied and said he only Ran a fibre optic cable from this pole to the next and to contact bt

Engineer is booked for Thurs I reset the router many times no luck. Once it came back on bit d.l was 5 meg upload 128kb so I reset and now it's back to flashing orange. I thought my router might be faulty but BT say no. I've changed all cables filters still it doesn't work. Any ideas ? It's just a router with a phone plugged in nothing more. BT say fault is inside the house but how as nothing has been touched. It was fine until that guy drilled some black box ontop of the BT pole outside my house where the copper wire enters my house.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: confused.

Unfortunately the chances are it was the person on the pole that disturbed your connection, but these days thats not necessarily an Openreach employee or Openreach contractor up the pole , but could be an employee or contractor working for an Alt Net , and ‘nothing to do with me’ will be the response to anyone asking ‘ did you knock my line off ‘
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: confused.

Thats what I told BT but they say they can't be sure it was him but I was in the window when he was attaching some wire at the top and the router was Infront of me when the router started flashing orange.

I guess will have to wait until Thursday to get this sorted seems like he might have damagd my copper wire in the process but couldn't argue with him anymore as he was in complete denial

0 Ratings