cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

full fibre dig up driveway?

Go to solution

Hi. After many hours researching and speaking to endless BT people I am still confused. I currently have FFTC  and then copper to the house. I’m being pushed to full fibre because all the providers say that’s all that is available on new contracts in my area. 
my current copper line goes under my driveway (newly renovated). Is there someone who can advise whether they’d dig it up? Is there a free survey ?

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: full fibre dig up driveway?

Go to solution

@SuzyQ15 

Openreach do the work, so it would depend on what they decide to do once you place your order.

See https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/full-fibre-broadband-installation-checklist

Its all explained there.

Please bear in mind that this is a BT Retail customer forum. If you plan to use a different provider, then you need to post on their user forum.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

When you say your existing copper line goes under your driveway, do you know if it is in a duct? Where it enter the property, is there any evidence of a duct - grey tubing?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

If you check here it may give you some relevant information. See the example information attached. Plastic duct 56 is the relevant bit!Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 18.24.09.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks. My husband says it is in a duct under the driveway and comes in to the house under the concrete floor of an extension. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks I have been with BT since 1986. I am experiencing this issue with BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

What exchange are you on? You maybe on a copper stop sell exchange. You can Find out here: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Openreach will very likely use that duct if it's in good condition and not blocked to rod and pull the fibre optic cable to the property

Message 8 of 25

Go to solution
Hi. Sorry I can’t see where this duct is mentioned on your snapshot? Thanks for the link - it says installation at my address would be ‘KC12 Assure’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution
Second line up from the bottom.
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution
Thanks. Mine says under ground.
0 Ratings