cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: full fibre dig up driveway?

Go to solution

That’s not how Blown Fibre Tubing works.

You don’t just ‘Blow’ the Fibre down a Duct. You would first have to pull in the Tubing, aka Sub Duct in through the Duct from Point A to B and then Blow a Fibre through the Tubing so if the Duct is Blocked/Damaged then it may still require a Maintenance Dig.

Also unless this OP lives in an area with BFT already installed then they won’t use that anyway, it’ll be Connectorised Fibre.

In fact I know it’s not a BFT area because it says it’s a One Stage Install. If it was BFT then it would automatically be a 2 Stage Install.

Message 22 of 25

Go to solution

Partial Direct in Ground is usually when it’s Ducted along the footpath but from the Joint Boxes to the homes is Buried Armour Cable.

From what you’re describing ref to your existing setup a Maintenance Dig will be required.

Whats your Driveway made of, concrete, resin, block paving?

If it’s block paving you’ve got nothing to worry about, lifting and putting down bricks/paving slabs is easy. You just need muscle, a shovel and to make sure it’s levelled off when put back down.

Message 23 of 25

Go to solution
Thanks. Yes it’s block paving. But I’ve just had it revamped. We are fairly elderly so not going to do it ourselves. I guess OpenReach don’t put it back as found?
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 25

Go to solution

They do

Message 25 of 25

Go to solution

Yes they do. They have to reinstate Block Paving as it is.