cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

home essential to home essential 2, is this right?

Go to solution

so called bt to upgrade to HE2, i was getting 36mb on HE, guy online was a bit vague what i would get speedwise, but after looking on the bt site i could get 49-50Mb or 50-73Mb. guy said i would notice speeds change in a hr, few hrs later still no improvement. so looked at welcome email and low and behold the true figures were 39 - 43
Mbps😗

so my speeds have stayed around 37mbs. so confused, basically HE2 should be renamed HE and a bit.

tbh if the guy on phone had told me actual speed i wouldn't have bothered tbh, so bit sneaky on his part to get extra fiver a month out of me

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: home essential to home essential 2, is this right?

Go to solution

You don't want to do this all the time as it can affect your connection speed in the wrong way.  But as a one-off, turn the router off for about 30 minutes then turn it back on.  Hopefully, it'll re-sync to the cabinet at the new improved speed.  If it doesn't then I'd say you have a good reason to contact customer support and have them confirm that you have indeed been upgraded!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

thanks will give it a go

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

can you enter your phone number (provided not digital voice) and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

can you post hub stats  by going to hub manager then advanced settings then technical log information

if your max speed on HE1 was 37mb then unlikely you will get faster on HE2 as you line did not support max of 55mb on HE1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

i dont have landline phone,no idea what number is as not on bills

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@aberboy007 

then use your address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

so it appears bt never put a landline on the account 🤣 they adding one now. will go check btwholesale now

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

You could also access ( and post ) your router advanced statistics which could show if your line has any room for improvement or if the speed you get is basically as good as it gets ( that speed primarily due to the distance you are from the cabinet, the further away , the slower the sync rate will be ) , you also should make your internal setup as optimal as possible, by using the master socket test port  ( even if only temporarily ) to eliminate any internal wiring/ extension socket issues etc.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

BT Broadband and 6 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 27_06_2023 16_17_21.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

The dslchecker shows your connection could be anything between 80/57mb depending on your line.  Hub stats asi requested would help give better idea but if speed still same a before upgrade then you need to contact CS 03301234150 and get account sorted

0 Ratings