cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

overhead installation

Having Fibre installed next week. The current overhead comes to bungalow via two poles and through trees.(large sycamore and ash) There were 3 poles, but down to 2 after cable snapping in a storm and slight rerouting but still through trees. Every time it's windy you can see the wire being put into extra tension and often lose service. Trees have a TPO (tree preservation order) on them so can't be touched without Planning.

I realise this is a BT forum but can anyone assist.

May seem a silly question but how stretchy is the new fibre cable and are Open Reach likely to just use the same route or can I insist/request they find a route without going through the trees to avoid loss of service? 

The existing internal route is -  cable enters on gable wall just under soffit, through loft and comes down in hall. Will this stay the same?

Another question can I still use my existing landline cordless phones or do I have to buy new?

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: overhead installation

the fibre cable will follow the route of the existing cables.

you can connect your cordless base station to the socket on back of SH2 and your existing phone should work ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings