cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

poor Speeds after firmware update

Coincidence or not? Since a firmware update I have terrible performance on my Fibre Broadband

Serial number:+091300+2146007955

Firmware version:v0.40.00.04147-BT

Firmware updated:Wed Aug 23 17:23:36 2023

speed test from the app appears to be OK, but speed test from wifi or from a wired device is worse than 4G mobile data?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: poor Speeds after firmware update

Did you try a factory reset by pressing recessed button on back of hub and holding until lights flash just in case the new firmware did not fully update correctly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Sadly that did not make it better, but was worth a try.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

looks like a problem with the BT Router, I plugged an old TP Link Router which seems to work, maybe the last firmware updated broke it somehow.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I started to experience this earlier today. I assumed it was a line fault. Slow speeds with direct ethernet connection to router, router rebooted, etc. etc. I raised a fault and then pulled the landline connection to enable failover to the 4G backup. The 4G backup kept coming up and then dropping with very slow speeds during the times it was up (normally a stable 4G connection). Poking around the router I noticed that the firmware had been updated on Friday. This made me suspicious, so I plugged in an older BT router that's working just fine. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

They sent me a replacement router, but it turns out the TP Link is better than the BT router.

0 Ratings