cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

speed upgrade requires a hardware change

Go to solution

I've got the opportunity to upgrade my fibree speed from 50 Mbps to 150 Mbps at no additional cost, except for the cost of the delivery of new hardware. My hardware is capable of handling 150Mbps, but there's no option to go without the new hardwar (I don't use the Hub they gave as I'm happy with my DLink). Is there any way to take the upgrade without the new hardware?

TIA

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: speed upgrade requires a hardware change

Go to solution

is your home phone part of your package.  if so you will need to use SH2 as the change will probably come with change to digital voice.  does your d-link have a WAN connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
I've got digital Voice, but as I don't use the BT Hub, I don't use it. My DLink connects via the BT ONT, through it's own WAN socket. I already have a compatible phone, which, as I say, I don't use.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

if you already have DV then you must have a SH2 which should have a WAN port and therefore you should not need a new SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

ok. Thanks very much for the reply. I'll have to find a way through the order page to tell them I don't need any hardware. Not that they ever listen. I've still got copper line modems gathering dust that specifically stated I didn't want when I signed up.

0 Ratings