cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

stayfast guarantee complaint

I have been a customer for over 40 years and feel that I am always treated as second place customer, as recently highlighted when seeing if I could get FTTP. I currently have Halo 2 with a 73Mb download and 18Mb upload which is good and reliable, however my gripe is currently my stayfast guarantee is 60Mb but you offer me a new package with 73Mb download 18 Mb upload but a stayfast guarantee of 69Mb!

Why the discrepancy? new package or new customer getting better Guarantees, again loyalty gets you less.

Nigel

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: stayfast guarantee complaint

if you already have a connection speed 73/18mb then whether the stayfast is 60 or 69 makes no difference.  your line will get as good as it can handle up to the package limit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Your "guarantee" is based on a number of factors, not least the stability and reliability of your line over a period of time.

You have stated that your line has been good and reliable and as such the new package guarantee, which you can get, is reflecting that.

As has already been stated you will get the best speed that your line can support regardless of any guarantee that you have been given and you have stated that your speed is higher than both of the guarantees that you have been given.

In my opinion the "Stay Fast Guarantee" is nothing more than a sales gimmick because prior to offering this "guarantee" BT would have resolved any speed problems that your line had without any need for you to refer to a "Stay Fast Guarantee".

Have a read through this link which will give you a insight into what the "guarantee" offers and what hoops you will need to jump through in order to "claim" on this guarantee.

What is BT's Stay Fast Guarantee? | BT Help

Message 4 of 4

@McSurewrote:

Why the discrepancy? new package or new customer getting better Guarantees, again loyalty gets you less.

Loyalty isn't even a factor in the stayfast guarantee, the biggest factor is your observed speeds, you said yourself the connection is 'good and reliable', which is why your renewal guarantee is faster that your current agreement because of the recently observed connection.

It's listed on the What is BT's Stay Fast Guarantee?  page:

We check the throughput speed to your Hub - the speed at which you can actually send and receive data. It's what you experience at home when using your broadband connection.