cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

trying to work out if i can move what was installed

Go to solution

I just "Fibre 1" installed at my house but I am currently working abroad. The installer would not install where I had requested and instead drilled a hole though the front of my house. The house is a construction site. So now I am trying to work out what was installed and if I can move it. In particular, I was under the impression I was getting "fibre" but from the pictures, I am not sure it is fibre that has been installed (because the bend radius looks way too small). Of course I could be wrong.

I don't think I can do anything about the box on the front of my house except plant something in front of it. Ideally I would like to move the small white box on the inside to my mechanical / networking closet. It looks like I have plenty of slack from the external box to the internal one but... is that cable fibre or copper? See picture below.

Thanks in advance. PHOTO-2024-06-12-11-34-32.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: trying to work out if i can move what was installed

Go to solution

@johnny_cache 

That's fibre cable and the white box in picture is the Fibre ONT (Optical Network Termination) so you definitely have Full fibre here 

You can request the relocation of the equipment (maybe chargeable) or you can also run ethernet cable and install data ports to connect the other equipment up

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Great - thanks for confirming. I am hoping the installer left me enough slack in that roll that's next to the ONT to relocate the box. I wont be able to confirm until I visit in July.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

That black cable coiled up is the Inside/Out Fibre Lead In Cable.

You can strip back the outer sheathing to expose the 5mm Micron Core.

Looks like the Installers left you plenty of slack to mount the ONT on the Plasterboard Wall, when it’s built.

I’d say that’s a good install and the Installer has future proofed it well for you so I’m unsure what the issue is.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
thanks for your response. the issue is it was installed in the wrong place - hence my question on moving, cable type, etc. all resolved now, i think.
0 Ratings