cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Home Essentials Speed

Hi all 

I am new to the community.  Hello.

I am looking for some details I cannot find through searching the internet or on this forum.

My household is currently on Home Essentials Fibre 2, FTTC (social tariff, receiving Universal Credit).

As FTTP is now available in our street, I called BT today and it has been arranged for our connection to be moved/upgraded to FTTP in the coming weeks - pleasantly remaining on the the same Home Essentials contract/package we are currently on - £23 per month  

The BT Adviser I spoke with advised me that whilst the guaranteed speed on HE2 FTTP will be lower than what we currently have on FTTC (which I hope should never be a matter that comes up because it will soon be a full-fibre connection instead of part copper), I cannot find any information on the differences in download/upload speeds between the two set ups.

Can anyone on here please quote the speeds between the two types of connection.

1) Home Essentials Fibre 2, FTTC

2) Home Essentials Fibre 2, FTTP

Many thank in advance 

Vince

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home Essentials Speed

There are no differences F2 or F2 Essentials is 80Mb download 20Mb upload on both however the FTTP version has no distance related reduction, so you get 80/20 , if that’s what you profile is , where with FTTC you could  get less , if you were  some distance from the ‘fibre’ cabinet

…I dare say it’s a statistical anomaly that you have been told the guarantee speed is less with FTTP than with FTTC , you undoubtedly will get at least the same ( if you were getting 80/20 ) and probably better than you currently get with your FTTC F2 .

Message 3 of 6

Hi iniltous

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and the information therein.  

At the moment (FTTC), I am getting around 67 - test done on phone, also with a VPN running.  The email confirmation of the move/upgrade didn't provide any info on my anticipated new speeds with FTTP.  Can you tell me if, based on your message, we could be looking at 80?

Screenshots below are current set up.  

Screenshot_2024-06-23-16-58-57-498_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Could only add one screenshot.  Other one stated anticipated download speed of 61-68 on current set up.

Thank you

Vince

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I would expect your connection speed on FTTP to be no less than you have on FTTC and as @iniltous posted probably the max for fibre 2 80/20

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 6

Hi imjolly

Thank you very much for your reply.

Vince 

0 Ratings