cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

1571 new voicemail message from BT but no record of number

I receive from BT a text telling me I missed a call from 07..etc  and the caller didn't leave a message. That is fine and works perfectly. I get the number for the missed call.

However if the person leaves a message on 1571. The text from BT is that I have a voicemail, but there is no number reference. Neither does android reference the number on the mobile phone.

As part of the voicemail instruction I already ask that they  leave their number as part of the message, however as this is a point of contact number for members of the public, many of whom are elderly and are unable to communicate their number, therefore it is essential I have that number to return their call.

So my question is how do I get it? As I mentioned before, android has no reference to the number in all it's history.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: 1571 new voicemail message from BT but no record of number

@finfer wrote:

As part of the voicemail instruction I already ask that they  leave their number as part of the message, however as this is a point of contact number for members of the public, many of whom are elderly and are unable to communicate their number, therefore it is essential I have that number to return their call.

are you a business user as this seems more a business than residential line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

It is not a business, but this phone is used as a point of contact to supply zoom connection details to a meeting.  That being said however, even if it was an emergency call from a family member on an unfamiliar number, there still would be no way to return the call. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Modern handsets with caller display will store all recent numbers that have called (unless the caller has withheld it of course).

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I have no reference in call history for the day that message came in so perhaps they withheld the number or it is my phone. 

It would be nice if BT included the number in the sms msg as they do with the missed call, but that's probably not going to happen any time soon.

Nevertheless,  I appreciate your response and thanks for your help.

0 Ratings