cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

BT Mobile vs EE Mobile

Is the a specific reason why BT Mobile is so **bleep** in the Derbyshire Dales area whilst EE Mobile reception is fine. 
I walk out of the house and the mobile using a BT Mobile contract goes dead and stays dead until I return home. Tried a cheap EE sim and it works just fine.

It is because BT don’t pay for the full EE system to save money and therefore their customers are getting ripped off? 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT Mobile vs EE Mobile

As far as I am aware it is the same ( exact ) network - so this is a curious one 

I have EE sim & a BT Mobile & always seem to be same signal strength.

So, will be curious to see what other say here….. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Thanks for the reply. I have been told privately that BT don’t pay for the whole EE system, which is why their mobile deals are cheaper. But I couldn’t see how you could do this.

but after the issues we are having, I can well believe it. 
As you say, let’s see if others have an opinion. 

Message 4 of 21

I'm curious as to why BT would be paying something to EE anyway given that they own them!

FWIW, I've had experience on both & the signals been the same on both

Message 5 of 21

BT will move your to EE if required ( in fact BT are not taking new customers directly, and eventually this offer will be made to BT mobile customers ) if your perception is that somehow the identical service BT offer over EE as a MVNO is inferior, (technically there is no difference ) , as said BT Group own EE , it’s odd  to suggest that it’s somehow a money saving exercise to artificially provide an inferior ‘signal’ to BT Mobile over EE , in what way would this be desirable by BT or EE ? , or are you suggesting this phenomenon is inherent with MVNO operators and would also apply to Tesco or Sky over O2 , or Asda over Vodafone 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

I could well believe this is an issue with all mobile networks. It is well known that they often keep back specific benefits from the cheaper piggyback mobile operators, so why not a reduced mobile coverage as well. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

I still feel coverage is equal -

EE however has better options/ features; such as ‘data share’, Visual Voicemail, e-sim plus bolt ons for added services etc. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Have you tried the BT Mobile SIM in a different device and in a different location ? 

It sounds like this could be a defective SIM card. 

MVNOs sometimes don't have all the features offered by the "parent" network, but this does not sound like the situation that you are facing here. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Im having a nightmare with  BT Mobile/EE  sent the phone  and cancelled my 02 recieved  PUK  etc not able to recieve or send messages or calls  . lost work  missed hosp appointment etc did you resolve your issue please and how ? As I  see it the only way I'll get a response is by cancelling my  DD 's 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

except when you switch and find you have no phone service at all !! because EE and BT have been wholly inneficient I have to now go and buy a cheap mobile and a sim just to even make a call to resolve all the while I'm losing business will cancel DD and return to 02 for Mobile
0 Ratings