cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT Mobile vs EE Mobile

You need to contact EE  This is a customer help customer forum for BT Residential customers and your post does not go to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Just an update for those that suggested there was no difference between EE and BT mobile signals. 
I have been speaking to BT today and they are slowly transferring everybody from the old BT network, which only uses BT masts and is therefore very poor in a lot of areas, onto the full EE system using both Bat and EE masts and is allegedly much better signal.
since they have been telling me from day one that there is no difference between BT and EE, I will not be staying with them when my contract ends next month.  

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

@andygarmin 

Bt Mobile is an MNVO using the EE network and does not have or had an independent mobile network.

BT Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) provided by BT Consumer; a division of BT Group in the United Kingdom that was launched in March 2015.[1] It uses the EE network[2] via an MVNO agreement signed in March 2014[3] 

one big difference between the two is BT mobile data roaming is free whereas EE is not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 20

Also, if you transfer calls from BT Digital Voice to a BT mobile that call is free. If you transfer to an EE mobile, you have to pay for the cost of the call from the landline to the mobile (if your landline is PAYG).

Richard

Message 15 of 20

So your saying the girl from BT was lying to me in an attempt to get me to agree a new 24 month contract, knowing the service in my area was terrible. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

@andygarmin 

All I am saying is BT MOBILE have used EE since outset and have never had their own mobile mast and always used EE to provide mobile connection to their mobile customers

Message 17 of 20

I have both EE & BT Mobile - both exact same for speed / signal strength etc - ( and I tested over a year using Oklahoma Speedtest )

My experience they both use same towers etc 

( ps/ reason I have both is EE work / BT Mobile my personal )

Message 18 of 20

Appreciate all the comments. I am much more likely to believe you guys than the people at BT trying to get me to renew my contract. They will say anything and happily lie through their teeth to get more business. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

@andygarmin Were you being offered the renewal with BT Mobile or were they trying to get you to switch to a new contract on EE Mobile? We’ve been out of contract with BT Mobile since May now. We will be considering our options if they do finally close down BT Mobile. In the meantime we’re staying where we are, mainly because we like Roam Like Home and the signal is good. We’ve been getting 5G for quite a while now, even though their coverage checker tells us that it’s not available where we are.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

They were trying to move me from BT mobile to EE mobile. Basically saying BT mobile is no more and everybody will be transferred over eventually. Offered double the amount of internet for the same price. 
it was only when I stated we had no actual coverage at the house did she start talking about EE’s coverage being so much better.

No way will I be staying with them. They are also loosing my broadband contract as well, as they actually tried to put the price up.