cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Signal Assist Cease - Wifi Calling not working as the replacement

For a number of years I have been using a product called BT Signal Assist to generate a 3G signal around my house  using my broadband wifi since the EE/BT signal in the area I live is very poor even though it is in a middle of a built up area my Mobile bandwidth is typically 2.0Mbps download and around 1.0Mbps upload. This solution worked very well for years and we could recieve and make mobile phone calls anywhere in the house until recently. Since the beginning of August we have been experiencing problems receiving and making call via our  mobiles which are on the BT/EE networks, friends and family have said they have rung our mobiles on a number of occassions but have had unavailability message indicating that we are out of signal range even though we are at home, we have even tried having one mobile ring the other mobile in the house with no success. We have Wifi calling set on with both Mobiles but that doesn't resolve the issue. It seems that there is some conflict between using the Mobile signal and the wifi calling  option, the mobiles think there is sufficiently strong 4G signal to make the call but that isn't the case On occassions when we are making mobile call it will dropout and we can't connect, very annoying and unuseable.

Any ideas how this can be resolved.... Signal Assist worked well for years but now our 3G/4G/5G mobile phones are useless when we are at home we can't make or recieve reliable mobile calls

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Signal Assist Cease - Wifi Calling not working as the replacement

I’ll let someone more knowledgeable than me, but I think Signal Assist is being discontinued. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I believe Signal Assist is already dead, so you should unplug it & just use WiFi Calling:

https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/3g-signal-assist-service-closing

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

If you’re using android handset try turning off VoLTE/4g calling and it should rely more favourably on the Wi-Fi rather than the weak 4g.

if you don’t have an option to disable the above then try turning flight mode on then manually enabling just Wi-Fi and this should also allow Wi-Fi calling to work 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I have switched off BT Signal Assist, it was flashing red so I assumed it had been disconnected. I have enabled wifi calling on my Mobiles but I don't believe that the BT 4G signal is strong enough/reliable in my house even though BT/EE mobile checker shows that I should have a strong signal both indoors and  whichis not the case.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I don't think the option to turn on flight mode whenever I enter my home is a satisfactory solution, I won't remember to switch it off when I leave my home.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Wifi calling works in place of 4g so it shouldn’t matter that you don’t get 4g signal inside your home.

have you tried disabling VoLTE/4g calling to see if that helps?

0 Ratings