cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Bt Voicemail

Voicemail switched off (15710) but regularly get "New Voicemail" notification (numerous each day). No messages, and cannot clear the notification. This problem started recently. Any Advice / suggestions ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt Voicemail

Good morning @malcomsond.

Welcome to the BT Community forums!

Have you tried a test call to make sure that it's still not diverting? 

Also have you got any messages saved at the moment?

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for responding

When I ring from the landline, it rings for a while then says "Currently unavailable".  It does not generate a "New Voicemail" notification (it does give a "missed call" notification).

"New Voicemail" message appears regularly (for instance yesterday at 13.55, 14.01, and 14.25) There was one I saw this morning (10.00 am ish) timed at a minute past midnight this morning and the latest today (noted at 14.00 ish) is 13.34.    I have not monitored between those times, I suspect there are many more.

When I go on it says "No new messages".

On the evidence before me I believe the "New Voicemail" notifications are NOT related to incoming calls / missed calls.   I get very few incoming calls.   Indeed the mobile 'phone has little activity compared to most users (typically less than 1,000mA a day - 15% to 20% of my 5,000 mA battery)

I am also begining to think that the begining of the rogue "new Voicemail" notifications, is coincident with an increase in battery use - not sure if that is a clue ?

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for explaining all of that for me @malcomsond.

It is possible for the icon to get stuck sometimes, and our technical team can take a look into getting this cleared at our end. 

Please give them a shout, and I'm confident you can get this sorted.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks @malcomsond 

Let us know how you get on 😊

Peter

0 Ratings