cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Can I change the number of times my iPhone rings before sending call to voicemail?

Go to solution

A few days ago my iPhone stopped announcing incoming calls and started immediately sending all calls to voicemail, silently, without me making any changes. I get notifications of the calls regardless of whether callers are in my contacts or not. I've worked through all the tips I've found to check that the iPhone settings are still correct for what I want, and match the relevant settings in my other Apple devices, which they do.

I also switched the SIM in another now-broken phone into the iPhone to see if anything changed. Calls still went straight to voicemail. I'm now back with the proper SIM.

Is there a setting for the number of times the mobile will ring before going to voicemail, in my BT account? I've searched for this but can't find anything relevant. Otherwise I have to hang on the phone endlessly waiting for tech support.

Otherwise I'm stuck. Any help would be much appreciated. TIA.

Meridien

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can I change the number of times my iPhone rings before sending call to voicemail?

Go to solution

Hi @Meridien 

I would start be reviewing your Focus settings on your iPhone. It may be set to do not disturb all the time.

To change the length of time before it goes to voicemail see: Solved: Re: Length of ring before going to voicemail - BT Community

I am on Vodafone and I changed mine to 30 seconds by calling **61*121*11*30# where 121 is the voicemail number and 30 is the number of seconds.  The voicemail number is different on BT Mobile, 1571 I believe.

Message 3 of 6

Re: Can I change the number of times my iPhone rings before sending call to voicemail?

Go to solution

Hi @Meridien   Just another thought, you haven’t accidentally turned on the do not disturb button on the side?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for the speedy response! The link you posted was very helpful. There's a further link in that post but it's dead now.

I've done this and the response was that the change had been accepted. Does the change take time to migrate through the system?

There's been a break since I typed the above, the router went down while I was typing, for an hour or so. I've just received an incoming call without problems, suggesting it was fixed. Then I called my mobile from my landline and was sent straight to voicemail. Odd. Perhaps it's part of the same network problem. I'll ask my caller what network they're on next time we speak. Just curious.

Thank you again for the help, I'm very grateful. In my personal situation I'm heavily dependent on my phone., I've saved the information in case I need it again. 🙂

Meridien

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi

Thank you for your response.

Focus was the first thing on my list; it's always switched off. I'd like to find out how it happened if possible but it's probably 'just one of those things', sunspots or something. 🙂

Meridien

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Later...

I can definitely confirm that this fix worked perfectly and everything is fine now. It's a huge relief. Thank you again.

Meridien 

0 Ratings