cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can I revert back to my BT mobile plan if I cancel my new provider within 14 days?

Go to solution

I recently completed a switch to EE due to alerts on my BT account indicating I couldn't renew beyond May 2023, when my current contract expired, and which specifically referred me to EE if I wanted to renew. 

I started the transfer to EE last Friday which completed two days ago. In the couple of days before this occurred, BT mobile showed 'sorry you're leaving us messages' and offering me packages to renew my mobile plan for a further 12 months. Confusing, as this wasn't an option showing before.

Anyway, my EE transfer completed two days ago, and despite signing up for a plan with calls, EE put me on a data-only plan where I have had no ability to make or receive calls for the past two days (this is the third day). I spoke to someone at EE yesterday who said in order to resolve things, I have to revert back to a payg plan, then call EE sales again to sign up to the plan I originally asked them to sign me up for. I've started that process, but am told it will take a few days for the revert to payg to occur, which means I'll probably be a week without calls. All really inconvenient for all sorts of reasons.

I'm not entirely satisfied with BT's handling of things, a lack of transparency about my ability to renew for a further 12 months is partly to blame for this situation, but ideally I would return to BT in one of the plans I was offered when my PAC code was being actioned.

Any information about how to go about enquiring re this would be appreciated. Otherwise, when my EE data-only plan reverts to payg, I will seriously consider another network, as for all I know this whole rigmarole could happen all over again. There's no clear information on my BT account about enquiring about this, and it's difficult to make calls to BT at the moment for reasons which should be relatively clear. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I revert back to my BT mobile plan if I cancel my new provider within 14 days?

Go to solution

I don't know for certain, but I thought that BT Mobile was being slowly wound down, with customers at the end of their contracts being pointed towards EE?

That could be why the message said "couldn't renew beyond May 2023, when my current contract expired"?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Can I revert back to my BT mobile plan if I cancel my new provider within 14 days?

Go to solution

Yes, that's the impression I got, but it seems contradictory to then show messages offering packages to stay with the network. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

This issue has thankfully now been resolved by EE after contacting them via twitter, much more quickly than the protracted process and period their telephone advisors informed me of. 

0 Ratings