cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Switching from BT to EE

Go to solution

After getting repeated prompts whenever I sign into My BT page, I have just switched from BT to EE using the switch pages. As requested I asked for the PAC code to keep my number on EE. When I did this I got a text from BT saying my contract with them has not yet ended and I would be charged a £10 fee for this. Does this still apply for a BT to EE switch, as they were prompting it?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Switching from BT to EE

Go to solution
It would still apply if your contract had some time remaining. Could give BT a call and explain the circumstances and ask if they can waive it.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@Cepenpark if you're moving from BT Mobile to EE during the end period of your contract, the cancellation charges should be waved. I moved as soon as my window opened, I too received that email but the charges were waves because I was migrating to EE. 

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Be aware with EE mobile you can no longer ‘roam like home’ when travelling in the EU
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Using a PAC to port from BT to EE shouldn't trigger the early termination fee (ETF) as EE waives it automatically. It might be worth calling BT customer services and speaking to them to double check but you should be fine.

I had 20 months left on one of my lines when I switched to EE and didn't get charged the ETF

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I got the EE sim yesterday so I'm waiting for the number switch at 3pm hopefully. How did you know it had switched? Does the number just change or do you have to restart or anything? Thanks

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I seem to recall my port took place the following day although they said it would take place on the day I received the SIM. 

Your old line should lose service as the port completes. Don't be surprised on the day of the port if some calls are routed to your new line but outbound calls show as the temporary number (or vice versa).

If you have an iPhone make sure that your number is set correctly (Settings -> Phone -> My Number) to make sure that iMessage and FaceTime work properly.

If the port doesn't complete within 48 hours of receiving the new SIM give EE a call to make sure that it has been set up by the team correctly (sometimes they forget to press confirm!)

0 Ratings