cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: Can we stay with BT Mobile and not be moved to EE?

Go to solution

I renewed my BT SIMO on the 11th May for 12 months and kept the Roam like home add on. I was told by the agent that because it was a 12 month contract (email offer) that they could proceed, but I can't extend it.

Looks like BT Mobile will be discontinued during the latter part of 2024.

Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

I had multiple SIMs on a very good BT Mobile contract that I was very happy with which is now up for renewal. To replace it they offered me a more expensive EE contract with less data and extra fees for roaming in Europe which is important for me. The sales person also had no clue at all about the BT Sport via mobile device access that I currently get as part (I think) of my BT Broadband contract but which is switching to TNT and they tried to sell me the equivalent access via EE mobile for an extra £20 a month per phone !. I got the strong impression they simply didn't want me as a mobile customer any more so I switched to a provider using O2 who still give free roaming in EU. I could  have just stayed on BT on a non-contract basis until they terminate BT Mobile next year and hope that by then their EE offer will be better but their attitude was so poor that I preferred just to ditch them now.  This also means I am not tied to BT for Broadband to get discounts on my mobile service so I can switch easily for that too. A friend of mine has had a similar experience with his Plusnet mobile contract, again the EE offer was worse and not competitive so he has switched to Vodafone. The whole things looks like a shambles for BT. 

Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

I was incorrectly told on on-line chat a couple of weeks ago that moving to EE did not require us to keep BT broadband in order to still qualify for  the discounted price. Thankfully we didn’t move. I spoke to retentions last week and they offered to renew our BT Mobile Family SIM for another year. As our broadband contract runs out next April we are staying out of contract with BT Mobile. They also offered to increase our Family SIM data on a 30 day contract, but we turned that down.

My feeling is that they are really only concerned about keeping you as a broadband customer and they then offer discounted deals on other products such as mobile which are dependent upon having broadband with them. We have a decision to make about that when our contract’s up in April now.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

I agree - we are still with BT for now but will change to O2 or similar in due course for the better roaming package, and also because I object to being bullied into moving.  We will also be looking around for better broadband deals now the mobile element is no longer part of the deal. BT are shooting themselves in the foot with this lack of interest in their mobile customers!

Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

Reading all these posts with interest as my BT Mobile contract expires on 12/10/23. I had no idea you could simply stay with BT Mobile on a no contract basis. I was potentially going to move to 02 as I go to Spain around 6 times a year and don't want to pay £15.00 each time to roam like home and because I've  had a mare with BT Mobile,  3 times since May  my mobile data has had spikes in usage and BT claim its You Tube usage. Max time spent on You Tube is around 10 mins once a week when my grandaughter want to look at nursery rythmns etc. and phone is 100% on wifi and data off. It happened again last week when again Mobile data is switched off and I've actually disabled You Tube. BT say it must be my handset so I've now got a new handset, gonna see if it happens again, if it does I'll switch to 02, if not I'll remain on No Contract basis unless forced to move to EE. My other bug bear with switching to EE is they do take account all the years customers have been with BT Mobile and will not give free roaming. I can understand not giving it to new customers, but surely they can give it to customers who's hand is being forced to switch to EE. Sorry hi-jacking this thread about my data usage spikes. 

Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

I totally agree about the free roaming add on. If BT want us to move across to EE then they should make it a straight swap across.

Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

@StewMwrote:

I think I am like @Brucemeister5 on this. My BT mobile contract ended in Feb this year. The renewal offers from BT Mobile and EE were no where near what I am currently paying. Also if you factor in the £10 pm for roaming at home extra with EE, I decided to stay out of contract with BT Mobile.

I since notice that the offers to renew with BT Mobile have recently been removed. So perhaps BT are slowly moving BT Mobile to EE, bit-by-bit.

Stew

Following on from this post. I tried again with mobile to upgrade and I got this response:

There are no promotions available for this customer to move to. Please advise your customer to call back once they are in their re contracting window”.

I would have thought being out of contract is a re contracting window? Strange!

Also, I can’t swap my tv package, if gives me no options and goes straight to add ons.

Is this just me and my account or are BT doing something behind the scenes?

Stew

Another update.

I received “We want to keep you up to date” letter from BT.

It states I have been paying the standard price for my mobile contracts as my deal has expired. I have three options:

1. Keep my package as it is.

2. Move to a new upgrade package

3. You can move.

The upgrade package is for 5GB more for extra £1.94 pm with BT Mobile (subject to new 12 month contract).

I took a look at EE sim only deals, the nearest I can get is the 50GB all rounder package ( as I want roam abroad included) is £20.30 pm. As I have two phones on this package that an extra £14 pm to stay within the BT/EE Group.

Looking like BT are suggesting option 3 is the best option. Plus, the roam abroad is now £25 pm!

I really don’t understand what BT’s marketing strategy is any more. In my case, keeping long standing existing customers doesn’t seem to be one of them!

Stew

Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

I received a letter from BT just before my contract ended on 12th October, I was offered a new contract and phone deal with EE or stay with BT Mobile and get 10GB for £10.00 on a 24 month contract.

I called them as I wanted to stay with BT Mobile but didn't need 10GB a month, they said there was no other offer coming up on their system, I queried why they were offering me a 24 month contract when BT Mobile would no longer be come the end of 2024. They didn't know why. I explained I was reluctant to sign up to a new 24 month contract due to the issue I had for 3 months whereby big chunks of my data just disappeared in a day and all BT could say was that is was You Tube usage.

In the end I decided to switch back to o2 who I had been with since 1997 - 2015, I only moved to BT Mobile when they came back into the mobile market.  

Anyone thinking of switching to EE, I read at the weekend they are increasing EU roaming from £15.00 a month to £25.00 a month, this is another reason I wouldn't switch to them as they do not take account of years customers have been with BT Mobile and you lose your free roaming. 

Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

I got a letter offering £10 / month for 12 months.  Letter says that clearly. Called them up and they said it's a mistake and they can offer £9 / month for 24 months. I accepted, as didn't think enough about it, so now pray for me as I try and cancel.

I want to move to some other network that is more reliable in my area, and also as my Broadband is now out of contract so going to move to Zen Internet.

Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

Also to add to this. If you sign up you get a new SIM.  Nothing said on the call about being sent new SIMs or any other hassle.  Not impressed with the marketing, the lies on the paperwork about it being a 12 month contract and actually being a 24 month one,  and will be impossible to get back in touch with them to cancel. BUT I WILL TRY.

0 Ratings