cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

Can we stay with BT Mobile and not be moved to EE?

Go to solution

I tried to renew my BT mobile contract and was told BT is not doing mobiles anymore and that everybody is being moved to EE. Is this the case? I did agree but discovered only after saying yes that I would have to pay a lot more to use my phone abroad, so I would prefer to stay with BT if possible. 

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: Can we stay with BT Mobile and not be moved to EE?

Go to solution

All BT Retail products are being rebranded to EE. At first BT Mobile customers were gently nudged to EE with better deals but it would appear that the nudge is now a push and BT Mobile will cease to exist in the future. EE do sell roaming add on for around £2 a day.... 

Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

I think they’re concentrating on winding up the PlusNet mobile service at the moment, but there doesn’t appear to be a definite timescale for that. BT Mobile will follow of course. In the meantime we’re sticking with them on a month by month basis as we are now out of contract. EE seem to have introduced some SIM only 30 day deals in order to remain competitive. One of the reasons that we like BT Mobile is for the ‘Roam like home’. I believe that EE offer that as an add on for £15 per month. I think we’ll stick with BT Mobile until the bitter end and see what EE are able to offer us then.

Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

That's what I want to do stick with BT but despite a letter saying I can, I was given the impression it wasn't  possible. We don't want a daily roaming rate. We live in East Kent and it's not unusual to get a Welome to France message from BT in local UK villages!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

Why don't you turn off roaming on your device while in the UK then @GDD160 ?

It only needs to be turned on when you really need it. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution
Thanks. Very good point - I should have thought of that!
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

I think I am like @Brucemeister5 on this. My BT mobile contract ended in Feb this year. The renewal offers from BT Mobile and EE were no where near what I am currently paying. Also if you factor in the £10 pm for roaming at home extra with EE, I decided to stay out of contract with BT Mobile.

I since notice that the offers to renew with BT Mobile have recently been removed. So perhaps BT are slowly moving BT Mobile to EE, bit-by-bit.

Stew

Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

I’m also going to try and hold out until the end as I currently get sport as part of my BT mobile contract which also gives me access to Discovery plus so that’s two things that EE will want extra money for.
I thought that BT would have already provided information on what’s going to happen to users who get sport via their mobile contact but as yet I’ve not seen anything about the transition and rebranding but I can live in hope. 

Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

I think I am like @Brucemeister5 on this. My BT mobile contract ended in Feb this year. The renewal offers from BT Mobile and EE were no where near what I am currently paying. Also if you factor in the £10 pm for roaming at home extra with EE, I decided to stay out of contract with BT Mobile.

I since notice that the offers to renew with BT Mobile have recently been removed. So perhaps BT are slowly moving BT Mobile to EE, bit-by-bit.

Stew

Following on from this post. I tried again with mobile to upgrade and I got this response:

There are no promotions available for this customer to move to. Please advise your customer to call back once they are in their re contracting window”.

I would have thought being out of contract is a re contracting window? Strange!

Also, I can’t swap my tv package, if gives me no options and goes straight to add ons.

Is this just me and my account or are BT doing something behind the scenes?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

we have 2 sim only bt mobile and also have bt tv ,the sims are both out of contract ( 1 is 2 years and the other 18 months , tv is 7 months ) and since i have bt broadband they have doubled the data allowance  on both sims . EE do not come anywhere close to the same allowance  for the  price i pay