cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Cancel mobile contract.

After going around in circles on the BT help and support pages and only being offered 3 different phone numbers to call to cancel my contract, could anyone please give me a link or email address I can cancel with.

I have no phone signal on my mobile due to outages with EE again and I have no landline.

I have just under 3 months left on my contract and not fussed if I have to pay the remaining months or charges, just want to give advance notice to terminate.

Thank you for your help.

I wasn't given an option for live chat.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cancel mobile contract.

Just request a PAC by texting PAC to 65075. Use that to transfer your number to another provider & your contract will automatically be cancelled. But you will have to pay off the balance. The text you receive with the PAC should tell you how much.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I have no phone signal, so I can't text or phone...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

according to BT 'help' this should let you order PAC

• Logging in to My BT and going to Mobile > Thinking of leaving BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Try this:

Log in to My BT and go to Manage Your Products > Manage Mobile > Settings > Switch to another provider > I’d like a switching  code.

Message 6 of 8

That option wasn't available to me but I found the PUK code under 'Your device and sim'
This is not an ideal or good solution as I'm not necessarily wanting to start another contract yet elsewhere as I have 2 with BT and only cancelling one of them.

There should be a way to contact BT by other means, especially when the fault is theirs. I will seek legal advice I think.
Your attempt to help and your time are appreciated though.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Just realised it was PUK not PAC, have found the PAC code through the instructions given thank you, will use it if I have to. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

You don't need to start a new contract. Order a free PAYG SIM from someone & transfer the number to that. Agreed a bit of a faff but cancellation usually is, as they don't want to make it easy without trying to persuade you to stay.

0 Ratings