cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Data Roaming in Europe

I have had a BT contract for many years, with BT Broadband and a second mobile. Currently travelling in Europe. My Mobile contract is 6Gb SIM 5G. My BT tells me I have 22Gb data, to date used 2.2Gb. However I want to access Wifi in Europe for Facebook, short browsing and emails. I have activated Roaming and in 24 hrs received message to say I will be charged £34.99 for extras outside my current plan. Not using mobiles for calls at all and only 3 texts. How do I use my balance of 22Gb data abroad without racking up roaming charges. HELP

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Data Roaming in Europe

sounds more like you are not connected to any wifi and you are using mobile data to access internet for facebook and emails

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Data Roaming in Europe

The cruise ship sells 5Gb for £95, which seems steep. My mobile plan with BT appears to have 20Gb of data, of which only 2Gb used. How can I use this and not rack up up roaming cost?
0 Ratings