cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Family SIM - 2 work abroad but one does not

Hi there,

we got a family SIM with 3 SIM cards. Two of those cards work with roaming abroad but one does not.
We went through all the manual setup and automated one - just no luck and the problem is - you can't just try if it works abroad - you actually have to leave the country and every time we found (4 times in the last 3 years) the SIM does not work.

In "my products" all three SIMs show up with "Roam like home" enabled

The SIM in question sometimes comes up in the products with

"Sorry, you can't make changes at the moment
Please try again once your replacement SIM has been activated."

Not sure what that is about since that SIM has been in use for about 3 years. If that is the issue - how do I activate that SIM?? 
Has anybody any solution?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Family SIM - 2 work abroad but one does not

If you have international use activated have you also made sure your spend limit is greater than £0 say £5 and see if that helps your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

No spend limit is £0 but that is the same again for all 3 SIM cards.
Also we are talking about Spain, France, Germany so the Zone 1a countries which should be included.
Yes, I can try it but it as you say - "see if it helps" might result just another holiday of pain with one SIM not working because you just can't test it. Is there really no way BT would be able to see if it works abroad?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

this is a customer help customer community forum and your post does not go to BT  

try phoning CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and see if the can help

there has been similar posts and increasing international spend limit from £0 to £5 solved their problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Called BT already - the suggestion is " reset all network connections of the phone" of the phone. If not we'll try the spending limit. I'm not convinced any of those two solutions will help - pretty sure we did the reset already but will find out later this year if that made a difference.
Cheers
0 Ratings