cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Family Sim Quandry

We have a family sim for 4 with BT mobile, have had for over a year. We are about to go away in the caravan and my daughter has used almost all her data for the month (we've already been away within the month, so that knocked out a fair bit). I went on to try and get a data add on to cover her, but it's over £7 for 1gb! So then I thought we'd upgrade our plan, but it looks like it doesn't exist any more. This is the first I've heard of it. Firstly, is it worth phoning and seeing if I can get a better deal on the add on? Secondly as we are out of contract, does this mean suddenly one day our sims will stop working? What are our options going forward?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Family Sim Quandry

BT Mobile is no longer sold, any new sales or regrades will be done on the EE brand.

@MikeyLwrote:

Firstly, is it worth phoning and seeing if I can get a better deal on the add on?

There have never been discounts on the data addons, the prices are fixed.

@MikeyLwrote:

Secondly as we are out of contract, does this mean suddenly one day our sims will stop working?

No, your services will continue on a rolling 30 day plan, they will stop only when BT decide to cease the service, currently only new sales/regrades are moved to EE, existing customers will continue to work and any changes BT will notify you.

@MikeyLwrote:

What are our options going forward?

Personally, I prefer the EE mobile side, I have 4 numbers (plans) and mine comes with unlimited 5G data, I can share 120GB each month between the other 3 plans, in increments of half a GB, my oldest typically uses around 60GB, my little one around 5GB and the other half gets the rest, mine remains unlimited usage.
It's all controlled via the app and super simple to do, you just login once per month when the allowance ends and the data moved is available instantly, check out the EE website which has more details EE Data Gifting 

As a BT Broadband customer, you're eligible for a discount on all EE services and if you have Halo broadband, your Halo benefits moved over as well.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Family Sim Quandry

@MikeyL 

the thing you do lose moving to EE is free roaming so of you have holidays in europe then worth considering as EE charge for roaming

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings