cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

HELP!!! Old number lost and need to reactivate to receive OTP!!!

Hi!

First time posting here, basically, is it possible to receive a OTP to an old number I had about 5 years ago?

I'm aware I may need to reactivate/reassign a new contract with BT to that old number (if that's even possible).

This is a huge issue as for my business we need to access an account that requires a OTP that's sent to an inactive phone number, so if we get a new contract with BT, re-assign to the old number (if it's still usable), then will that then be able to receive the OTP, even though the phone number has been inactive for about 5 years?

Thanks BT community 🙂

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: HELP!!! Old number lost and need to reactivate to receive OTP!!!

This is a forum for retail customer. As business customer you need to post here. https://business.forums.bt.com/

If number 5 years old then I really don't think you can get number back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply,

I'm a retail customer, it's just the number is used for a phone inside of the business. Not actually owned by the business.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If you search forum you will find other posts about getting old numbers but they are lost after 4 weeks so no chance after 5 years

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.