cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Migrate to EE

I contacted BT to ask about my Broadband package  and after speaking to several agents over a couple of days I realised that instead of the reduction in cost I was promised my total bill at one time increased by £10 a month and I was surreptitiously bring switched to EE .I realise I had been “hardsold” a package I did not want and insisted ,that as a transfer to EE was not mandatory , I stayed with my original BT mobile contract  The last agent I spoke to was very helpful and understanding and  apologised for previous agents purveying half truths he also agreed that my existing package could not be bettered and that in my position he would stay with the existing Package   I spent  a long time on the phone but the situation bid now resolved. My advice is “if it ain’t broke why fixit?”. Beware the smooth talking agents

Message 12 of 22

Thought this worth a mention, when still with BT mobile with my meagre 500mb of data (which I rarely bother with) , I had no problem using it in Europe on holiday. Since being migrated to EE and having my data allowance slashed to 250mb I discover I HAVE to pay extra for a 'roaming' package to use data despite the fact I have an allowance I've not used. Plus, MY unused data allowance is ONLY for use in the UK! Up comes a red box telling me, but I have to get permission from the contract subscriber to purchase it? (Can't quote exact wording as back in UK now).
Think I'll let this contract expire in Feb, not forking out £17 odd quid to cancel early, then join wife on Vodafone. Tho' only on PAYE she gets a far better service worldwide.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

with EE you’ll either pay £2 per day, or you can buy a monthly pass for £10, to use your allowances when roaming in Europe 

Nope - the EE pass is now £25 a month!

I am dreading phoning BT to order full fibre now after reading this thread in case some commission seeking salesperson tries to slam my BT mobile contract to EE.

Message 14 of 22

The EE roam pass has only recently been bumped up to £25pm. I’ve been asked about moving over to EE mobile several times when I’ve phoned up about something else entirely. As soon as I mention that we don’t want to lose the free roam like home with BT Mobile they back down and we’ve been out of contract since May. I’ll look at it again when our broadband contract’s up for renewal in April. I don’t particularly want to commit to a 24 month contract for SIM only, so if they won’t allow us to stay on BT Mobile I will look at the MVNOs.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

@Brucemeister5 So I did phone to order Fibre and they did try to encourage a move to new EE mobile contracts during that call. However as I was prepared and specifically mentioned that I did not want to lose Roam like Home or TNT Sport on Mobile then they did not pursue it further.

So I lose my data doubling on the BT Family SIMs as I didn't see the need for Halo on Fibre, but can cope with that given our data usage.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

@Colin_London  Did you take a new SIM only contract with BT Mobile or are you just running your existing contract down? 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Did you take a new SIM only contract with BT Mobile or are you just running your existing contract down? 

I am out of contract for over a year now and on a rolling 1 month contract. I don't want to change it because as soon as I do I will lose Roaming.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

We're both on BT Family SIMO and have just gone out of contract. We're more than happy with the double data allowance ( and don't want to lose data roaming) and don't see any benefits moving to EE, so for now am happy to be on a rolling contract unless BT get silly.  We still have Fibre with BT for another 12 months. Would BT even consider renewing our BT mobile contracts these days, or is my only choice to remain out of contract or move to EE (or someone else)?

That said, can't really see what BT could offer me that would make me sign up to another contract anyway as we have more data than we need already, unless they reduced the price under a new contract. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 22

You’ll just move on to a rolling contract, so if you’re happy with your allowances then you don’t need to do anything for the time being. 

At the moment it looks like BT/EE are leaving BT-M customers alone they are but I think in the future some time soon they’re going to take the same approach they’ve taken with Plusnet Mobile and close it down for all customers.

They’ll write, text or email when that happens and give plenty of notice. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Decided to abandon ship, gave it a year, found a much better SIM only deal & gave EE 30 days notice as per t&c's.

Now on 20G data, EU + roaming, free calls & txts,     4&5G, for a ridiculously low price for 3 months, then still pay less than EE charge. (Oh, and my new provider uses the Vodafone network). 

0 Ratings