cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Mobile Voicemail Notifications

Go to solution

I have a Samsung Gallaxy S22 mobile phone. If it’s switched off at the time when somebody leaves a voicemail message, I’m not getting a notification when I switch the phone on. I believe that when I switch the phone back on I should get either a text or indicator on the phone app icon. Is that correct and, if so, how to I fix it? At the moment I’m having to log press 1 on the dial pad to check for voicemails received when the mobile was off.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mobile Voicemail Notifications

Go to solution

Hello @speechless

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you been able to check within your phone settings to see if there is an option available?

Katie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I've trebble checked the settings and seached the web for help all to no avial. Staff in my local EE store tried to help but couldn't fix it and wondered if there was an option.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @speechless 

I have found this help page on Google that may have some helpful information 

Katie

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Katie.  I don't have the Google Voice app but I looked into it and apparently it involves using an additional phone number on your mobile, i.e. a different one to the phone's SIM umber.  This is not what I want.  Asking for help from the BT Community was my last step before phoning BT Technical for advice which Is what I'll probably try tommorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The VM notifications are sent as an SMS so worth checking that you don’t have 1571 in your blocked list. 

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks so much. 1571 was in the mobile’s blocked list but I don’t now how it got there! After removing it, I conducted an experiment: I switched my mobile off and then phoned it from my landline and left a message. When I switched the mobile back on, there was a text message about the voicemail. I was hoping that there would also be an indicator on the phone app icon but the text is sufficient. Your help has solved a longstanding problem.