cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Mobile phone numbers not reconised

I spoke to a customer service agent, and she suggested that I upgrade  my broadband package, so I agreed, and said that I didn't want to take out a new mobile phone contract, as I can use my mobile date in Europe without being charged as an existing customer.

So got my upgrade and new router, then after a week, ( I have 5 mobile phones on a family package) 3 of the mobile phones stopped working, with the number not recognised. I have phoned them multiple times, but seem to be getting nowhere, with tech saying they can't understand why they are not connected, they checked that I haven't been changed over to an EE contract on the mobiles, so they can't explain. I'm now stuck in limbo, as with the phones cut off I can't receive any work as self employed, and customer can't get in touch, I've had the same mobile numbers for years, so in an impossible situation, but just need help, which I don't appear to be getting

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Mobile phone numbers not reconised

Are the 3 picking up a signal and still connecting to BT network? Have you tried swapping any of the sims into handsets that are still working with the other 2 BT sims?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Can use phone only only Wi-Fi,  bt customer service refreshed sims but made no difference when you ring the numbers of the 3 phones, it says numbers not recognised 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

What about manually searching for a network in handset settings? Does BT appear and can you then connect?

When you say they work on wifi can you make calls via wifi calling or just web based apps like whatsapp, messenger etc? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Yes tried manually to try and connect to another provider. No joy 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Just web based like Whatsapp

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Sounds like the numbers have been cancelled tbf, but I would have thought they would spot that when you called in.

can you still view/manage these numbers on MyBT? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

On My BT keeps saying there’s an error, try again later. Can only see one number and not able to access it for any data records

0 Ratings