cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

New EE Simcard but existing number not transferred.

Go to solution

Last week I negotiated a new deal with BT for Broadband, BT Sport and my mobile. I was told my mobile contract would mean a new SIM card but my existing phone number would remain.

Yesterday I swapped SIM cards but a different number was shown in settings. I rang BT and they said the switchover would happen at midnight. I put the old SIM card back in.

This morning I swapped the SIM card expecting my number to be the old one. It’s still a different one. This despite an email from BT saying the transfer was complete.

I rang BT and explained the problem. I was told to wait another 24 hours before switching SIM cards. But on my old BT card I can no longer make phone calls. I have to use WhatsApp to ring friends.

What a complete dog’s dinner! I’m not impressed with the service and if I get asked to complete a customer survey you can imagine the scores they’ll get.

Am I alone in having these problems?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: New EE Simcard but existing number not transferred.

Go to solution

Same happened to me a couple of months back. You need to contact EE

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: New EE Simcard but existing number not transferred.

Go to solution

It’s been resolved yesterday. Despite the EE chosen number appearing under Settings - About Moto  - my old number has now been allocated to me.

0 Ratings