cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

New mobile contract

I negotiated a new mobile contract yesterday 19/824, looking at my confirmation emails the contract doesn't activate for about a month 18/9/24 why does it take a month ? I recently renewed my bt broadband account and this was activated the next day, why does it take a month for the mobile contract.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: New mobile contract

Hi @daviehop,

We want to get your new mobile plan set up as swiftly as possible. 

Are you moving to a new phone plan, or a SIM only plan?

Rach

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Sim only thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

I have tnt sports app  included in my present contract, got it free years ago for having bt broadband or mobile, i dont know if it is with my bt broadband or bt mobile contract, i renewed my broadband the other week, the bt rep assured my it would still be available in my new contract, but no mention of it in any emails.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Thanks for letting me know @daviehop.

Do you know if your new plan will be staying with BT or moving to EE?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Still with bt for broadband and mobile

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Any updates Rach_H ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Thanks @daviehop.

It sounds a bit like if you were moving then the contract would go live when the SIM was activated, or in a month, but I'm not sure if this would still be the case if you are staying with BT.

I'd recommend reaching out to the team, and they will be able to shed some light on what is happening.

Rach

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Not really understanding your reply,  i thought you were part of the bt team, can this information not be forwarded to the team i am finding this all very confusing, i am 69 and just get by with all this tech stuff,

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

There was no mention of me moving with the discussion with the rep Connor at the bt retentions team. I have been with bt about 45 years.

0 Ratings