cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

No service in Ireland

Go to solution

I have been in ireland since 6th nov, I have had NO mobile signal and despite having a 100meg broadband connection, no wifi calling either. This is pathetic as it says I'm blessed with "roam from home" as part of my mobile package.

What utter **bleep**.

Any thoughts

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: No service in Ireland

Go to solution

See link about what you need to do so that you can roam abroad. You should also set a spending limit. £5 will do.

How do I use BT Mobile abroad? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I have already been through all the blurb. it says quite clearly that my phone should work "as normal" in ireland. It doesn't. Not even over wifi. What am I paying for?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If you are in Republic of Ireland then you need international roaming active in MYBT and in addition the spend limit must be greater than £0 say £5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

and where do I find international roaming in MyBT? And why does it not tell me this?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

When logged into MyBT go to your products and click on your mobile plan. 
It will be on the page alongside spend cap settings, premium calls etc.

You might also need to manually search and connect to a network in your phone settings.

Wifi calling isn’t guaranteed to work outside of UK so I wouldn’t rely on that until you’re home. 

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I thought wifi calling depended on wifi? What's the issue?

Will look at MyBT now, but it hasnt made itself apparent yet. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Yahooo! Roaming sorted! still no wifi calling though  even if I turn mobile signal off.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Not all providers support WiFi calling

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings