cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Phone calls via WiFi

Go to solution
Hi, For some reason my mobile call signal has gone very poor indoors, so I thought I would enable calls via my home BT WiFi, but I can’t find anywhere to turn it on. I have looked in the phone android settings, under call settings, but there is nothing there. I have BT, broadband, landline, mobile, so I am guessing that the option must be there somewhere? Thanks for any help, Alex.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Phone calls via WiFi

Go to solution

if your phone is capable of wifi calling then you should be able to activate in settings in mobile.  There is no setting for wifi calling in hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

What is your handset & was it originally tied to another network? When first launched BT WiFi Calling on Android was only officially supported on handsets supplied by them but it generally also worked on handsets bought SIM free. Handsets originally locked to another network with that network's version of Android required to be flashed with a "vanilla" version.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Hi guys, Thanks for getting back to me, it’s driving me nuts with the poor reception. My phone is a One Plus 7 pro, so pretty new, is on android 11, Kernel.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Oh sorry, it’s not tied to anything, sim free bought from John Lewis.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Google throws up a few threads were this is an issue with this phone but no resolutions. I did find this which suggests that the setting isn't in the calls settings but SIM settings. But it's a couple of years old & may not apply to your version of Android. If it's not there for you I can only suggest you contact the manufacturer.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@Amac123  Kindly refer to this tutorial which explains what to do should there be no wifi calling option on view. Let us know if it works for you.

Youtube - enabling wifi calling on One plus phones 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Cheers guys, It’s a twin sim phone but I only use one sim now, the setting was in sim 1. Thanks for all your help, what would do without forums 😁 Cheers again.