cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Preferentially select wifi calling

Les: I've installed the Google Dialer on her phone. I can't see any reference to WiFi+.

And of course the BT mobile signal hasn't been wandering up and down in the last few hours. I will report back if there is evidence. (A propos of nothing, the Google dialer's colurs are rather garish.)

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

That's weird. Goto Settings/Wi-Fi and tap the 3 dots stacked on top of one another in the top right, WiFi+ should be there, it's at the top of the list on my wife's CL09 / P20 Pro. If you can't see it there then I'm thinking that the phone is faulty 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Les: I was looking in the wrong place for Wi-Fi+. I have found it and let's see if it alleviates the problem.

Message 14 of 16

It's like getting an appointment to see a doctor and your illness suddenly abates. It's clear the electromagnetic radiation for the mobile signal likes warm weather (!) and my wife had had lots of mobile signal. I will report back when/if the proble recurs.

Thanks for help.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

@bobdanbhwrote:

It's like getting an appointment to see a doctor and your illness suddenly abates. It's clear the electromagnetic radiation for the mobile signal likes warm weather (!) and my wife had had lots of mobile signal. I will report back when/if the proble recurs.

Thanks for help.

👍

Obviously you've never tried listening to Radio Luxembourg on 208 metres in secret after your parents have sent you to bed  🤣

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Les: first the good news. I well recall Horace Batchelor and his InfraDraw method on Radio Luxembourg. Keynsham - spelled K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M - Bristol. (This shows my age.)

Now the bad news. The same drop out occurred just now with the Google Dialler. I was in the room, the sound quality dropped, and then it cut out. There were 2 bars when I got to the phone. The EE signal strength is very poor in the house ad I wonder if it dropped mid-call, and Wifi Calling didn't take over.

I suppose I should look at the other vendors' purported coverage maps - a real bore.

0 Ratings