Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: Contact bt by email

Go to solution

URGENT - PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

I have been round and round and round the 'Help' (Sic) pages looking for a way to contact BT by Email, or Online Form, and the limited choice of 'just phone us' is driving me crazy!!! 

I am abroad for an extended period and my mobile is NOT working abroad for Calls or Texts, so I CAN'T 'just phone' BT!!!  It is IMPERATIVE to me that my phone is working abroad to receive Texts in particular because my Banking and some other important Accounts sometimes use Dual/Secondary verification where they send a Text to my Mobile which gives me a Code to confirm that I am who I say I am, and that my transaction or activity (typically a login) is authorised by me.

I have just recently travelled abroad, and have also just recently started a new BT Mobile Contract, so perhaps there is also a BT/EE Migration issue at play?  Maybe, maybe not.  I travelled from Gatwick to Istanbul, and then on to an Asian Country listed in the 'Does BT Mobile data roaming work in every country?' page.  I suspect that my Number has been disabled abroad for some reason in my destination Country, rather than there being a SIM or Network Connection or Phone Fault Issue at play.   I really don't care if I can only get 3G or even 2G abroad, as long as I can receive texts, because as described above these texts are REALLY IMPORTANT to me!

Frustratingly, and interestingly, my wife's phone, which is exactly the same model as mine, seems to be working just fine.  Go Figure.  Possibly she used her phone in Istanbul and I didn't?  

My situation of 'My Phone doesn't work for Calls or Texts, but I CAN access the internet, so why can't I contact BT this way?' is surely not too uncommon? ...  I am gobsmacked that BT have chosen to ensure that Customers can only seem to contact BT by Phone, and that all Online forms of Communication are considered Persona-Non-Grata.  Or have I got that wrong?  My only way to contact BT in an Online Manner seem to be via this Forum, (or by raising a Complaint with the Ombudsman (and waiting at least 28 Days for a resolution)).

If a Moderator Reads this then can they PLEASE email me to help me to fix my problem?  My email address is the same one used for my Mobile Account so perhaps this Urgent Plea for Help can be passed on directly to BT Mobile Technical Support?  If not, then I can respond with my Mobile Number and TH Reference to help to get my issue addressed.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Malinki_Malinki 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Go to solution

Have you set your International spend limit to greater then £0 say £5 ?

Do you have roaming turned on?

See link about roaming when abroad.

How do I use BT Mobile abroad? | BT Help

What is Roam Like Home? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Go to solution

As I said in my original message, I have been round and round and round on this.  I am Tech-Literate and have done EVERYTHING bar a Hard Reset.

However, I have just used my wife's phone and got through to Level 2/3 Tech Support and they have quickly Reset the Forbidden Network List for me.  THANKS CONNOR YOU ARE A STAR!!!

I still think that the BT Choice of 'You can't contact us by any other means than calling us' is POOr!!!  I believe that this issue will resolve itself as EE has all the requisite Customer Service Capabilities here as it has been designed from the Ground Up for Mobile, whereas BT's Mobile Solution was never done like this.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

0 Ratings